Hi! Etsy is always hiring and you can find all of our jobs here.
These are the jobs I’m especially focused on filling in Engineering as of January 1, 2022. A couple of exciting notes:
- Almost all of our US-based roles are now available as remote within the US! You can see how we’re thinking about remote vs in-office work here.
- When I joined Etsy in 2016, we were trying to build out a successful product engineering hub in San Francisco, and have succeeded! We are now trying to build out successful product engineering hubs in Mexico City, and in Dublin, Ireland.
My team (International Experience) is specifically hiring product engineers to tackle two broad kinds of challenges*:
Developing and improving our core localisation platform
Our mission: To ensure that key product development infrastructure is properly localised, enabling Etsy to fluently speak to every buyer and seller in their chosen language, and crafting locally credible user experiences for buyers and sellers as we continue to expand into new markets.
Our open position:
- Senior Software Engineer I, International Experience
- We’re looking for a terrific senior engineer to join our excellent engineering team to help build upon our existing localisation platform and grow towards an even more global Etsy of the future.
Developing global products for local audiences
Our mission: To craft locally credible user experiences for buyers and sellers as we continue to expand into new markets. This means working closely with our multi-functional partners across product, research, design, and analytics to identify gaps and develop robust solutions.
Our open positions: (Links to come: reach out if this sounds interesting!)
- Staff Software Engineer
- This is a new team and we would love to have an engineer on our team who can not only help us build better products, but also help us build products better. This person will help their teammates level up, and help identify solutions that go beyond their immediate team’s scope.
- Senior Software Engineers
- We’re looking for engineers who are experienced at building great user-facing products and helping their teammates grow.
- Software Engineers
- We’re also looking for engineers who may not be as experienced building great user-facing products yet. We have a strong culture of learning on the job and prioritizing a growth mindset. If you have some experience and a love of learning and problem-solving, we’d love to interview you!
*As a note, I am not the hiring manager for these positions, but I am the director for this group and can either answer your questions or find answers for you!